6 Tips to Increase Passion This Spring
As relationships grow older and we get comfortable with our partners, passion can sometimes can wane. With every day stresses and “to-do” lists, sometime we forget to foster the love and chemistry between ourselves and our lovers. Here are some tips to help foster and re-ignite passion.
- Play: Think about it this way. What did you love to do as a child? Did you like to “wrestle”? Chase bubbles? Play chase? Try to incorporate this playfulness into your relationship. With the seriousness life can throw at us, we sometimes forget how much more fun and carefree we can feel by being silly with each other.
- Court each other: Try to think back to when you first met. What were the extra steps you made to make your partner feel wanted and desired? Did you primp a little longer in the mirror? Bring her or him a small present when you would see each other? Give compliments? Pretend you need to win this person over again, and do the things necessary to do so.
- Show gratitude: Tell your partner how much you appreciate what they do for you, and for the relationship. Beyond that, let them know what you love about them. Maybe they are extremely funny, or fiercely loyal. Let them know you appreciate those things about them as well. Try to let them know how much they add to your life and to the life of others.
- Physical Affection: This isn’t just about sex. Hold their hand, kiss them as often as possible. Hug them when you see them. Look into their eyes when you speak to them. Give each other massages. There are a million ways to be physically attentive (okay maybe not a MILLON, but you know what I am trying to stress).
- Be attentive: Listen to them when they speak to you. With all of life’s demands, it can be hard to turn off our phones, emails, and work to really tend to our partner’s attempts to connect with us. Sometimes we can even miss it. Try to be cognizant of the ways your partner tries to get your attention.
- Be Present: Try to be in the moment. One way to do this is to try and pay attention to your 5 senses. In terms of your partner, note what your partner looks like, what they smell like, what their voice sounds like, pay attention to how it feels to kiss them, touch them, hug them. When living moments together, try to appreciate what is happening at that moment, not the past, not the future.
Texas Relationship Therapy is here to help you explore many ways to ignite passion back into your relationship. These are just a few of the many tips your therapist can help you explore. If you are interested in exploring this topic, or any other topics that are important for a fulfilling relationship, please call for an appointment.